Today was the electronics day at the “make my fridge cool”-construction site. I got some 12v LEDs from the trashbin and the tube did arrive as well, but I finally I decided not to use it and go for a total LED mod. I stripped the fridge from all the electronics, related to the three fluorescent tubes, hence three converters, clips and brackets and just used the wires that where already in place. Right now everything is working fine, but there are some things that I would do differently next time:
– get 24v LEDs – at least for the marquee
– get real backlit material to print on for the marquee
– think more before doing things two or three times (but I consider this as learning)
Here are some images of todays progress.
Now have a cool beer… eh.. drink.